Friday, February 19, 2010

Kicking and Screaming

And maybe a little pouting. Hubby was off work on Thursday and Friday. He was pretty excited to pressure wash, mow, weed, and do some gardening. Me, not so much. I haven't had a snow day this winter and so I am not ready to garden yet.

But I did and Hubby was right. It felt good. The front is cleaned up, half of the cars are washed, the patio is tidy, some of the flower beds are cleaned up. Hawley got a bone and followed us around the yard. Max came home and helped. It's good.

The only problem now is that I went out there and saw up close and personal just how much needs to be done.

Still hoping for a snow day to get cozy and not feel like I should be gardening.


5 comments:

Katie said...

Hi there fellow Pacific North-Westerner, I'm blog stalking this morning & came across yours. I adore your Valentine Dinner table setting, just love it!!
Happy Weekend to you! I'm down in Olympia, WA

jkluginbill said...

I am still holding out hope for snow as well. Troy says that you and I need it to be happy and I think he's right. I feel slightly off, like I haven't really had a winter. Your yard looks great!

Janice said...

I can't believe you caved - I WILL not do it before March! It's the principal of the matter! Now you've gone and put pressure on the rest of us!:-)

Holly said...

Fellow caver here! Got all the raspberries cleaned out and tied up, Tyler mowed the lawn and I got some weeding done. Unfortunately, like you said, now I see EVERYTHING that needs to be done and I want to be out there and not inside!!! I also don't want to be doing yardwork for the next 7-8 months!!! What to do??

Becky L. Beck said...

Good Job! Would love for Fred to come Power Wash my sidewalk and patio... it's green and slimy; yuck only Oscar the Grouch would like it! PS: love the Hawley pic!