Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Happy Veteran's Day

Thank you to the Veterans who have so willingly served our country. Do you ever go to the store, a football game or church and just feel the freedoms we enjoy? Sometimes I look around myself and am overwhelmed with the blessing of freedom. Sometimes I see people doing things that I don't agree with but I do give thanks that they have the freedom to do what they think is right. Somedays I take it all for granted. Maybe that is the blessing of freedom, we don't have to think about it.

I am a military mom now. It changes how I watch the news. As a family we react differently when we read of Spc. Aaron Aamot of Whatcom County losing his life in Afghanistan while serving his country. His family must be so filled with grief and yet so proud of Aaron. We feel so sad for the tragedy at Fort Hood, we imagine if it was our son. All of these grieving families need our prayers and thanks.

Sam is doing so well. His Dad and I are so proud of him and fascinated with what he is doing in the U.S. Army. On Saturday he moves to the Blue Phase of Basic Training. He has passed many of the requirements. Graduation is coming and we can hardly wait.

Read Psalm 91 today. It's the Soldier's Psalm. Sam and his bunkmates have devotions together and have spent time in Psalm 91. Today because you have the freedom to do so, say Thank You to a veteran, read the Soldier's Psalm, pray for our military men and women, and ask for comfort for the families and friends of the soldiers at Fort Hood and for Aaron's parents and family.

God bless America-

4 comments:

Holly said...

AMEN!! Thank you,Sam, for your service and dedication to this amazing country! And thanks Tami and Fred for raising such a fine son. We are so blessed, yet we often need this reminder.
Bringing to ipod to Whistler...very exciting!!!

Jodi said...

Amen to all that:)

Brenda said...

I did take time and read the 91st Psalm as you suggested. Very good choice for today. God bless.

Brenda said...

I forgot I meant to thank you for stopping by and wishing us a Happy Anniversary.