Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Going Rogue

My sisters, Jodi and Becky and myself decided to have a bit of political fun yesterday. We think Sarah Palin is kinda a BiG deal. Whether she goes any farther with her political career is not the issue or BiG deal for me. For me I have loved watching a Godly woman with a family go so far in a man's world with such a gracious style.

So after banning the Oprah Show for over a year I watched Sarah on Oprah yesterday. Nothing is ever straight forward with the sisters, so we decided to meet at Homestead Six Horse Grill and watch together, dressed like Sarah Palin.

Don't I have some FUN sistas?

I was Alaska Sarah and wore my parka, hiking boots, Presidential red and my Proud Army Parent pin (she wore her pin too.) Becky went as the Excited Sarah, waving a flag and carrying a sign, Jodi went as National Republican Convention Sarah and had a price tag on her jacket of $3,500.
Of course, we all wore our glasses and wore our hair in the signature Sarah style.



The drink of choice was Alaskan Pale Ale, of course.


Janis joined us later.

In summary-
*Politics can be fun!
*Sarah was poised and gracious on Oprah.
*I can't wait to read Going Rogue.
*After watching I have some theories on what is next for Sarah and her family,(besides Thanksgiving in Washington!) but this blog is not a political chat room so I'll keep those to myself.

And let's all remember whose blog this is...if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. Cuz I will delete your comment. Free speech and all you know.

9 comments:

Emily said...

You go, girl(s)!! Way to support our Miss Sarah. I totally agree with everything you said. Love your Palin Spirit! ;0)

Jodi said...

It was a great idea! It could be the beginning of more Sarah celebrations!

Les Hon said...

AWESOME!!! You guys are inspiring! Just like Sarah!!!

Natasha said...

Emily took the words right out of my mouth! You go girls! And you go Sarah!

shelly said...

It was a little painful to watch Opie...been boycotting her for much longer than a year...there were a few "Ohhh...OP...come onnn.." at our house - but, Sarah was cool as ever..loved it!
Made me like her more than ever ;)
So, I guess I have to say -
thanks Oprah.
Oh...that was hard to say...hehe

Holly said...

I am now disappointed that I stayed at home watching by myself...after all, I look just like her!!!!!! JK! What fun you girls have! Do you all lay awake at night trying to come up with fun reasons to get together???
Loved Sarah and hope to hear more from her. And... much less from Levi, the little@#$%^^%##@! Hope I don't get deleted!!

Becky L. Beck said...

Had a GREAT time; of course we lay in bed dreaming up fun ways to get together; we have to make every day count; cause the days are going by way to fast! Thanks for a great time! Lynden Tribune must have different political views. :(

Janice said...

So glad I didn't leave when I saw all the cars in the parking laugh LOL :-)!! Thanks for letting me crash the party! What a hoot! A what a blessing to enjoy intelligent conversation with women of like mind!! God is so good!

Kathi said...

Just sorry I missed the fun. I'm looking forward to running into Sarah in Washington this Thanksgiving, but with all these look alikes it might be hard to tell if she's the real one.