Last week was Homecoming at LCHS. LC has had Spirit Week before and now finally Homecoming. Max was the Sophomore prince. He wore things like pink boas, p.j.s, and Hubby's uniform to school this week. I think the kids had a lot of fun and my view is bring it on. LCHS will celebrate 100 years this year and I think someone finally decided, hey, why don't we let the kids have homecoming? Quite possibly there isn't anyone left who remembers why they didn't allow homecoming in the first place...
Bring it on and if the Alumni and Development Committees get involved it could be a promotional, fun time for all. I'm just sayin'.
Besides football this weekend I have been digging my way out of the laundry room and trying to clean this place a bit. I have a peach pie in the oven, with store bought crust. Friends tell me it's good and it better be... I may be slipping in the kitchen. I had to dump dinner on Monday night. First time that has ever happened to me, football game went long, and dinner was burnt. And now piecrust from the grocery store...
This morning I went to Emily's new place. I hadn't seen her in forever, well at least not at boot camp. She moved out of the ghetto recently and has a very nice condo with a pretty view. She made a baked French Toast. I need that recipe. Em is so much fun she makes me wish I could be in second grade and have her for a teacher.
The sun is out (better go for a walk), it's the weekend and we got a letter from Sam today. Life is good.
3 comments:
Hey stranger, it's me, Em. You know, that girl who used to crack you up at boot camp? Maybe you don't remember. ;0) Thanks for coming this morning! It was so much fun! I will definitely post that recipe for you. Maybe I'll bring it Monday to boot camp. *wink*
That Pie Smelled delicious! sorry I had to bail on you tonight; as I was driving away the though occured to me: I would have most likely been a recipient of a piece of that Peach Pie had I been able to stay. DRATS!! I am anxious to hear as I have a freezer full of peach pies waiting for the OK.
See - Max always knew he should be royalty!! :-)
Post a Comment