As I turned on Benson Road this morning after boot camp, I saw the concrete truck heading our way. I told Karen,
pouring concrete is tense. Her husband isn't in construction, she had no idea. When concrete comes everyone gets uptight, on high alert as it were, because a bad pour isn't easily fixed.
I call it the
concrete crazies or mud madness.
After all the rain, the field was wet and sure enough, the truck got stuck, the tractor wouldn't start and when they moved John's truck for the jump start, it got a little close to the brush cutter and his truck got a flat tire.
I woke up Max a little early. He asked if he needed to go out and help and I said NO, threw cash his way and told him to get donuts STAT!
They got the truck in, the concrete poured, donuts eaten, flat not quite fixed and it looks like everything is okay.
Not that I would dare to go out there to check so I'm guessing, it's all good.

Kassie's Dad, Ron brought the concrete, I wonder if Hubby and Ron are talking about the concrete or their kids? Hmmmm.


It looks like we are committed. Or should be committed. Stay tuned.
3 comments:
When I saw your status on FB this morning, I thought: "Go get donuts or cinnamon rolls!!" I know from experience these release the tension of a concrete pour. As usual, you were on top of it! :D
May the mud set up as desired...
Yay for construction of the bonus/kids game room right? LOL!
The 2 most stressful parts of building for my hubby (and me by default) are setting trusses, and pouring cement!! A lot of murphy's laws available on these days!!
Post a Comment