2 c. oatmeal
Combine:
Cut and serve after letting them cool. I cut and freeze and then pull them out as needed for lunches. They freeze great. I've made other m & m bar recipes and they all involved caramels. Unwrapping caramels isn't my favorite so this one appealed to me. Recipe can be found in the Lynden Christian School Centennial Cookbook. Enjoy!
1 1/2 c. flour
1 c. brown sugar
1 tsp. soda
3/4 tsp. salt
Add 1 c. butter, melted
Reserve 1 1/2 c. of this mixture. Press remaining in a 9 X 13 pan and bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1/3 c. peanut butter
Spread over the baked crust.
Sprinkle 1 c. chocolate chips.
Combine reserved oat mixture with 1 c. M & M's. Sprinkle on top of the chocolate chips and press down. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until top is lightly brown.
1 comment:
LOVE M&M bars! I've got to make those for EM! I agree - wrapping caramels is hideous! I rarely attempt a recipe that includes that step!
Post a Comment