Thursday, September 9, 2010

Faded Roses and Peaches

Back to school, football, routine, shorter days and cozy evenings makes this Mama happy. I love Fall. This year is different though. Instead of coming inside we are going out to work. The addition has started. Hubby dug up a lot of garbage while breaking ground for the foundation. Old houses have that bonus because homeowners used to bury their trash. Unfortunately, they didn't bury money here.
Hubby and Sam went to George, WA to visit family yesterday. Tonight they are coming back over the mountains with peaches. Millions of peaches, peaches for me. Click on "Watch on You Tube"
I can't wait to see them. Of course, I mean Hubby and Sam...

As much as I love Fall I do feel like the last rose of the Summer in the Fall. A bit faded, not sure what to wear and a little brown around the edges. The change of seasons is my favorite, no matter what the season but it always makes me tired. Do you know what I mean?

5 comments:

jkluginbill said...

Fun treasures.

I like the new blog background! :)

Les Hon said...

I think your faded rose analogy is apropos, and I agree...

I love those perfect word pictures.

Holly said...

LOve the old bottles!!!!
Yea for peaches...what are you going to do with them all???

Made your cookies today. All I can say is "YUM"!!

michele said...

Cool old bottles~ Willem and I made a frog habitat out of an old clear bottle today. Happy fall to you Tami!!

Janice said...

I wanted to get peaches to can on our way home from Spokane but Randy wanted to take the Cascade Hwy and there were NO peaches to be found:-(! If you have any extra you would like to sell..............Let me know! I don't know how to get any now!