Thursday, September 16, 2010

I Knew Her When

I went to the LC Thrift Store yesterday. I haven't been for a long time. I found good things, literally, Good Things for Easy Entertaining by Martha Stewart for a dollar. A new package of pie plates which was fortuitous as I am freezing peach pie filling tonight. I bought a silver urn shaped dealio to replace the ones I broke. I'm only going to own singles from now on. And parchment leaves for food presentation. Nice! I spent less three dollars.Anytime I go to the thrift store I see the same woman with a cart FULL of stuff. Yesterday I asked her if she has a store or a booth. Nope! So, when she is on Hoarders Buried Alive, I can say I've met her. Sad. And that is why I never use a cart at the Thrift Store.

7 comments:

Julie J. said...

I know that woman.
(no it's not me.)

Emily said...

Bahahaha! Oh friend, this made me laugh. Hoarders Buried Alive...hilarious.

jkluginbill said...

a cart? full? that is wrong. I love that Hoarders show...makes me clean, clean, clean and purge, purge, purge...it is good. I pray for those people daily.

Good finds! Singles only - it's the way to go!!!

jkluginbill said...

oh...my word verification was "doode" which made me laugh. Just thought I'd share!

Holly said...

I know that lady too, and sometimes I do have a cart full!!!! missed this week as we are "painting" our house. Yes, I know it's raining and that has put a dent in things!!!

I got your message and would love to come to the museum. Could you let me know the date and time again?? My phones are acting weird and I couldn't hear the message very well.

Nice seeing Max the other night! Such a cutie! And he gave me a hug, without me asking, just came up and gave me one...love that!!

Janice said...

I've been a clerk when she has come to the counter - amazing what she buys!! She's always dressed and "done up" very interestingly too!! Proud of you for not giving into the cart group!

michele said...

I always get a cart at the thrift store --- yikes!!! Oh wait, it is for Hazel... right?