Thursday, June 3, 2010

Favorite Cookies

Before Hubby and I got married, his Aunt Donna sent me New Favorites. A cookbook put together by Ripon Christian School in 1982. It is one of those cookbooks I have used many times over the years.

I found this recipe early on and added chocolate chips instead of chopped almonds.

My secret weapon or stash are the variety of chips I use in my cookies. I add about a cup and a half of chips. Mixed chips, such as a half cup each of mini semi-sweet, butterscotch, the huge Guittard milk chocolate chips, or white chocolate chips. The mix makes for a happy surprise in the cookie. And it's a good way to use up the odd bits of chips in the cupboard.

Oh, and I never use margarine...BUTTER baby! Butter all the way.

2 comments:

Holly said...

If you have them here by 9 I can take them on the Farm Chicks road trip!!!!!
I will be taking my very popular rolling bag!!!!

Kelly said...

What do you mean leftover chips lying around? I don't think that has ever happened at my house. We all eat the chips and have nothing left to make cookies with. :)