It has potential.
Probably the potential to push us both right over the edge but here goes nothin'.
Yes, we plan on replacing the formica.
The stove and oven need a little work.
This is where our bed will be. Can you see it?
If you look behind the extra windows you'll notice the cutest ice box evah!
I have high hopes of restoring that screen door.
Some parts can be saved and some areas need to be gutted.
Today I went with Holly to the *Tin Can Tourist Rally. I got some groovy ideas. Now I just have to decide if I want to go vintage, luxury, kitchy, with a theme, practical or do whatever I want to. And what colors? Flooring, fabrics and formica, oh my!
What do you think?
*Later I'll give you a peek at what I saw at the rally. Vintage travel trailers are not for the faint of heart. But the end results are very, very. very cool.
Oh, I'm just so excited. Could you remind me when I am tired of the process of restoring about how excited I am today.
Thanks-
7 comments:
Wow...yours is scarier (more scary?) than mine. Too many projects around here - and at the cabin, to ever really get started...but someday.....some day!
I see us in our funky trailers out at Birch Bay!
Oh how fun!! Sometimes the projects that need to most work turn out to be the best. And you'll be so proud of your endeavor when you get out on the road with it. I would love to find one for my husband and I to work on!
My mom restored a vintage trailer - it was ADORABLE! She painted all the wood a cream color to lighten it up - I really liked it! I saw the vintage trailer group at the fair..........won't be long until you and Fred join them!! :-)
I hope you dont live in a neighborhood with covenants- you know the standards for what is allowed on the yard:) You are collecting stuff!
Aren't you and the Aloha about the same age?!? You've held up a lot better. :) Of course, the theme should be tropical - hang loose in in the Aloha!
woohoo!!! You finally got it - right on now we can go back for a final year at the fair and have OUR exhibit. haha! Have fun! I'm sure whichever way you decide to take the remodel it will be fabulous!
Could you help me out. I think I have a 57 Aloha. Can I compare my numbers with your. Or how do you know its a 57? Also can you take close ups of the front middle window. I got it with plexiglass in that place.
Johnny
Post a Comment