Sounds easy enough.
{insert Peaches sung by The Presidents of the United States of America here} Yep, we played it.
Saturday was very warm. Becky and I had a really busy week. We were tired but jumped into the process. I've always made my filling and then froze it in a freezer bag but this year I had seen where Paula Deen used a different recipe and froze it in the pie shell. We lined the pans with wax paper and filled, covered with foil, froze and then later I slipped the whole pie into a freezer bag. When we're ready for a peach pie this winter we just have to make the crust and pop in the frozen disc of filling.
Important tip! Foil pans are much cheaper at a dollar store.
Becky and I were tired and hot, we made some mistakes, we were not looking good and I forgot some ingredients at the grocery store. So, we made a deal with Max. He had to go to the grocery store and find *fruit fresh, bottled lemon juice and *quick cooking tapioca. Then he was allowed to go to Kassie's house.
*I have never bought these items and had NO clue where he should look. If he couldn't bring back the goods, no go.
Hah!
He found them, like I knew he would.
Some days a Mom just has to use what little power she has left to her advantage.
Our peach jam didn't set. Max thinks it's okay though and had it for his game day breakfast. It is a tad runny but tastes delicious. I think it will be good on pancakes or a pork roast.
Sam and I went to the game in Lakewood last night, LC lost but Max caught a pass and played a pretty good game. This was the only game Sam could catch before leaving.
Obviously I need a press pass so I can get closer for photo ops. Max is on the left.
2 comments:
My friend Karen Herrema told me about your blog - she thought we had a lot in common and I would enjoy it and I think she is right. Would love to introduce myself to you - you can find me at www.yourhomebasedmom.com I look forward to getting to know you!
Praying for you as you send Sam off! That ones got to be harder than my dropoff at Whitworth! I'll expect a pie some night when we get a cropping night together!!!!!
Post a Comment