S'mores Bars
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/3 cup all-purpose flower
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 6 sheets)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 (1.5 ounce) Hershey's Milk Chocolate Bars
1 1/2 cup marshmallow creme
Here we go...
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease an 8-inch baking pan.
In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer at medium speed, until creamy. Add egg and vanilla; beat until combined.
In a small bowl, combine flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt. Add to butter mixture, and beat until combined. Press half of dough in the pan, spreading evenly. Lay chocolate bars on top of dough, breaking apart as needed to create an even layer of chocolate. Spread marshmallow creme over chocolate bars.
*Tami's tip- A jar of cream has 30 tablespoons, pretty much used the whole jar and didn't bother with measuring cups. That stuff is stickY, so I try to minimize the contact.
Spread remaining dough over marshmallow creme and chocolate bars.
*Tami's tip-I run my finger tips under the faucet and then pat dough into place. The moisture keeps it from sticking and lifting off the marshmallow cream.
Lastly, get out your Fat Girl jeans cuz you're going to need them. I'm sorry :(
2 comments:
That's so funny cuz' my mom just told me she has smore stuff she didn't use this summer and wanted to give it to me! Definitely will try the bars! (not just making them - eating them too)
I think my blood sugar is off the chart just looking at those things! Oh My!!!!!
Love the name "snowflake" What a lucky girl to have a car with that, and I am being totally serious! Wish my car had a cool name like that!
Peach pies look amazing! My birthday is next week...just sayin'!
Give Sam a hug and let him know I'm praying (for you too). Probably won't see him before he goes, but I wish him well and thank him so much... bye Sam!
Post a Comment