Sunday, September 20, 2009

Fall Weekend

It is Sam's last weekend at home. Hubby has to work and I am battling another sinus infection. Sam is busy with friends. Saturday morning(3:25 stinkin' A.M.) I woke up to some heavy raining. In. The. Living. Room.
It's not bees, nope now we have squirrels. Damaged the roof. Please don't tell me that you think squirrels are cute.

Friday Night Lights-Max is #83 in case you didn't recognize him. LC lost. I had blog material at the game but Hubby said, "NO".
So, that's all I got.
There is something wonderful about a high school football game on a fine Friday Fall evening.
Max and friends went to the Seattle Sounders game yesterday and sat in the Red Bull suite. Apparently, it was amazing, the seats, the game, the autographs, the suite, the parking, the jerseys the goalie signed,and all the Red Bulls a guy could drink. Next time Holly and I should definitely accompany Max and Tyler. Why should they have all the fun?

Sam is busy. Seeing friends, seeing them again. And again. Maybe having too much fun. He has reserved today for us. Grandma is making turkey dinner tonight and Grandma from George arranged a special dessert.
Whoever said food isn't LoVe is wrong.

This is not like when Danny left for college and I bought bedding,towels, and coordinating doo dads.
Sam leaves with a backpack.
One change of clothes.
No ipod or computer.
Sam may not call for weeks.
That Sam I Am will be pushed and tested beyond his imagination for nine weeks. Sam is ready, he is excited with a touch of nerves. His Sargent called to move his leave date back to Tuesday. On Wednesday we go to Seattle to MEPS for his swearing in and leaving.
All the reading I've done tells me to be Army Strong for Sam on Wednesday. I'm tearing up typing this so that may be difficult. Sam is strong and already received a promotion.
Sam is fine, but it's still hard for Mom...

7 comments:

Les Hon said...

Proud with you of your boy -- who is willing to be tested and intends to win it, and to be strong for all of us! I'll pray for you to be Army Strong -- all these next days!! God bless that Sam I Am, and his parents!!

Fans of Cash said...

I am heading out to that turkey dinner now...Thanks Sam for your willingness to serve our country! He will be in our prayers:)

Melinda said...

Praying for Sam and his fam.....enjoy this time together.

Mindy K said...

What a stud! You must be so proud. I know I am. Taylor is planning the same route at the end of next school year. Prayers to all.

Natasha said...

Hi Tami, been reading your blog for a while now (I'm Michele J's sister). Just had to comment because I am a proud military wife to a former Marine and he is now in Naval Special Warfare. I love to see these courageous guys willing to serve our country! I have been through it not as a mother but as a wife. And as a mother of two little boys I can't imagine the emotions you must be experiencing! I'll be praying for you and Sam that you will both be strong!

Holly said...

Sam (and you) have made me tear up an awful lot these past few months...I'll continue to pray for you both. Thanks Sam!

As for the Sounders...sent my camera with Brian. he forgot. even when he went back to the car before the goalie came in. i was not happy. He missed many photo ops that day. i had given him specific instructions. he failed. i still love him...just not his picture taking.... we must handle everything ourselves.....

Janice said...

Wow - sniff, sniff, you made me cry too! Maybe we'll have to have a scrap night and catch up on those pictures!