Sunday, September 13, 2009

Living It Up On the Road

Let's revisit the Tin Can Tourist show.
I may need help remembering why I took the photos that I did, so I'll just journal it on the blog and then you can come along too.

Sometimes the wood can't be restored and this one had a clean, simple and pretty paint job. I liked the stove hood green. And our wood may need paint.

No joke, this trailer looked like a Restoration Hardware catalog. Made me want to get Hubby a smoking jacket and move in.



Good idea-an antique bed warmer. Better start looking for one of those.

Beyond clever! A bathtub in the bench of the dining banquette.

I loved this idea of having a headboard and reading lights. So civilized.

This trailer is an Aloha and I think it was a 1958. They embraced the Hawaiian theme with a surfboard table, a rattan ceiling and happy hour. They took out the stove, probably looked like ours, bought a new cook top and made a small bar area. Rethinking the original space. Curtain sewn from sarongs.



Loved her upholstery! I may choose a different color for mine but this looked sharp and she had a good tip, use a marine upholsterer.

Uhmmm yea, I don't plan on the Great Pumpkin coming to our place anytime soon.

Some used metal in the kitchen area.

Loved this car and the owners. A young family towing a trailer similar to the Aloha. He showed us where they put the play and pack crib for the baby. I could only imagine all the great memories they are making with their children.

Cheerful cherry theme going on here. I like the "hutch" idea in the center.

As I went through all my pics I decided this one had to be a favorite. If you look through the window you'll see Holly scoping out the next place. It appears that she stepped out back for a smoke but really it's a tootsie pop one of the owners gave her. Holly was great to go with because she isn't shy about asking if we could go in, take photos, whatever. Thanks Holly! I hope it wasn't so stressful that you had to take up smokin'.

A fun afternoon with Holly and I could just feel the creativity vibes coming from the Tin Can Tourists. Loved it!

2 comments:

Holly said...

Oh, what fun!!! Aren't you just so excited to get things going? You're going to have so much fun...once it's finished! Ha Ha!!!! Thanks for taking me along! See you at parent night?

Janice said...

Can't wait to follow the restoration project on the blog! I see another scrapbook coming.......one just for this project!