Wednesday, September 2, 2009

It's Mine

The last two summers I have not always had a car. I bike to the museum, the library, to get milk. I love my bike but sometimes I want to go to the Bay or the mall and that's a bit far for me.

Last Fall we bought the Element and I thought, "yes, I have wheels!"

Then in May, Max got his driver's license and took over the van.

The '54 is getting some work done by my Dad so it wasn't available this summer.

Hubby has to get to work.

I was once again left to my own two feet or my bike.

Max is going to buy a car and return our van.

Sam has his own car. He leaves soon and is selling his CRX,

Dan lives in MI and uses his bike and the bus.

But I just have a feeling one of the guys will come home next summer or at Christmas and then I will be stranded again.

Today I took matters into my own hands and bought myself a car. She is nothing fancy but so far she runs.

I wrote a check(thanks honey), gave first right of refusal to the previous owner if I decide to sell her and one pie. Blueberry.



See you later-

6 comments:

Janice said...

Absolutely Adorable!! Good for you - you look like one hot momma!!!

jkluginbill said...

Fun stuff. :) Enjoy.

Les Hon said...

Perfect!!! Way to go and enjoy!!

Kelly said...

I love it!

Anonymous said...

Awesome - fits you perfectly! :)

Holly said...

Way COOL!!!! what a great beach car...maybe you should pack your bag again!!!!
Just getting caught up on your blog. Do you need any more garden vegies? My cukes are prolific!!!!

Hope you got rid of the bee's yesterday! We've had a few nests too...not fun!

Let's get together soon, I miss you!!