Thursday, August 6, 2009

Random Because I'm Tired

*Threw a lovely Museum Members' BBQ this evening for 100 guests. I have some great interns this Summer and they were a huge help. Even so, a night like tonight reminds me that I am fifty. My feet hurt, the whole thing makes me tense and I'll have cramps in my legs during the night.

* The interns are great, that being said, I must add that sometimes I get enough of supervising guy teens at home. Max and Stevie in one place is almost too much. Enough said.

*I bought my set of Pentel Color Pens in 1979. I was working as a nanny and planned to teach school, which I did for six years. I did projects with my own kids too. My dear pentels had a lot of miles. They were an investment. I still have ten that work out of the original 24 pack.

Tonight I sorted and tossed. The new colored Sharpies had caught my eye and this week I bought a 12 pack.

*I am positively giddy at the thought of my new pens.

*I plan to fill in my new Perpetual Calendar.
*Calendar is available at the museum gift shop, I've restocked and nearly sold out again. I will order more soon, loving Gina B. designs.


*Are we spoiling Hawley when we let him finish the whip cream, straight from the can? Max was the enabler.


*Love this lotion, found it in Palm Springs, it's gone and I must find more. Nice scent and texture.

*I told you this would be a bit random...

6 comments:

Janice said...

Random - exactly how our days are!! Love the calendar! Does Max have to clean up the mess if Hawley pukes?!?! :-) Our dog can't handle anything but his own food-poor thing - cuz' he wants to eat everything!

Trisha Brink Design said...

Pentel pens rock!!! I love mine from my Art Institute days...they still work too! Hope you get a chance to relax soon...100 people? Oh Gosh!!!!

Mary said...

Who doesn't love sharpies?

Anonymous said...

save me one of them calendars:)

Becky L. Beck said...

I bought the SAME sharpie set and I admit; ask anyone who "really" knows me back in MO: I LOVE writing with them; I was elected to always make signs b/c of my Sharp Sharpie writing..lol. I'm so glad for Hawley to have a treat (also my fav; and admit to eatting straight from a can as well) the lotion sounds like something that should go onto those tired feet!

jkluginbill said...

Stevie and Max in the same place - bwahahahaha!!! :)

You KNOW I love the Sharpies...I have not bought them myself although I am dearly tempted, however I was at Target and a 64 pack of Crayolas made it's way in my cart...HOW DID THAT HAPPEN? I have a big bag of old crayons but that box was so lovely.

My calendar is waiting to be filled in as well...better get to that!

Have a great weekend.