Every year my camera picks up on the grease molecules floating around the Fair from all the deep fat frying going on. It can ruin a good picture.
Max and Brooke have been showing together for years. She is in 4-H and got first in Fit and Show this year. Now that Max is in FFA they aren't showing at the same time unless it's Open Class. I got a picture for old times sake today. Don't they look sharp?
Then it was over to the Swine barn for FFA Swine Fit and Show. Jon and Jesse were in the same class and both got to come back in the ring for finals. Jesse won champion.
Then it was Max's turn. He got a blue. Not at the top but did well. His pig got in six fights and they had to use the boards each time.
After the showing we had lunch and I zipped home to take a nap. Also did laundry.
Then the fun really got going for the day.
We went to the Foreigner concert with Bill and Jodi.
I asked Jodi what she thought would happen if I ran up to the front and took some pictures. She pointed out several security guys that she thought would come after me. About five minutes later I told her I was going for it. I had a plan, I saw Christie (a friend of Sam's) working security, so I went to her and asked her to take a close up. She told me to go for it and go up front myself. I got some good shots.
Old rockers!
On the left is Mick Jones, he is the only original band member. Bill and Fred were pleasantly surprised how good they sounded.
Fun times for sure, if nothing else watching all of the old rockers in the crowd was a hoot. Double Vision, Urgent, JukeBox Hero and other favorites brought back fun memories.
Tomorrow is Jersey Show day, I'm just waiting for the washer to get the show clothes finished and then I am off to bed.
2 comments:
Fun seeing you at the fair! I looked around for 2 hours and that was enough for me!!! Saw Max's cow and pig, but now Max anywhere:(
I really dislike going to the fair, but find myself drawn to it every year!!!! Looked for your jam, snuck in of course, but there was quite a bit of security around the canning area!! Did you notice all the stuff that Jean E. Thomas put in? Do you know her? She's my hero!!!!!!
Let's plan a get together soon, maybe the tailgate party????
Get some rest!!
That is SUCH a good pic of Bill, Jodi and Fred... to bad you weren't in it. and way to do some risky business in the pic taking. It paid off. I'd of posted your bail. :)
Post a Comment