I watched a bit of 4-H Fit & Show and then met up with my friend, Emilyn. She milked a cow and got the squeeze and pull down pat.
Emilyn won a blue ribbon at the Fair. She entered her tea set collection in the Hobby barn. Her brother's Lego Eiffel Tower also won a blue ribbon.
At this point of the day we were on top of the world.
Not superstitious but we were riding in #13. And the luck did run out...
Em and I went home, had a break and then Hubby and I picked up Emilyn and we went back to the Fair, where she met up with her Dad and brother.
Fitting and Showing for FFA
This is the show where the kids get judged on how well the animal is trained, how clean the animal is and how they show it. Lots of technique etc.
Getting ready is kind of a hurry up and wait thing. Jesse helped Max and Jon. Their animals were clean, pedicured, ears triple checked for being clean, tails ratted, styled and sprayed, guys changed into full uniform, pressed and ready. Kassie came for morale support.
Auntie Shelly keeping Max relaxed before he goes into the ring.
Grandpa and Grandma always come to support Max, Uncle Darryl and Aunt Judy always come too. Max has many fans in the stands every year.
His first place streak is broken, Max placed third this year. The judge told him, "you just didn't catch my fancy."
That's okay. What goes up, must come down.
2 comments:
Please let Max know that I am supporting him from afar!!! Just don't dig that fair scene, although I will be there on Thursday so I hope he has something to show then!!! Sorry things aren't going so hot this year. I do have to say how handsome he looks...love a man in uniform!!! His cows are adorable if that's any consolation, and his girlfriend is pretty cute too!!!! How's mom holding up? Can't wait to hear how day 3 turns out!!!
well, that's just the cutest cow ever. silly judge. :(
And we LOVED the Eiffel Tower thingy! Very cool...
Post a Comment