Tuesday, August 25, 2009

It's A Wrap

This appetizer looks pretty fancy. Impressive for guests and I used my homegrown figs for the homemade jam. That sounds pretty Martha-like too. So while it is impressive for guests, in reality it was easy peasy for me. Love that!

I used one package of puff pastry and two small rounds of Brie cheese.


I used a small amount of flour on the counter and lightly rolled one sheet of pastry, just enough to blur the lines. Set one brie in the center and top with two large scoops of fig jam. If you don't have fig jam, try another fruit jam.

Mix one egg and one tablespoon water to use as your pastry glue. Bring up the sides and corners of the puff pastry, glue and pressing as you work to create a pouch filled with the Brie and jam. I try to artfully arrange the top of the pastry.

Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, then let set for 40 minutes and serve. I did set out crackers with them but really there is enough pastry that you don't need the crackers. I served the puffs on fig leaves and garnished with fresh figs. Next time I would use more jam.

6 comments:

Mindy K said...

Goodness Girl, That is fancy stuff. Looks tasty!

Kelly said...

I almost stopped by last night. I guess I should have. Cheese and fluffy pastry ~ who could resist that temptation.

Shelly said...

It was yummy! Always a hit at a party...who doesn't like cheese and bread?!?

Janice said...

I need an appetizer for tomorrow night - this one just may win! Looks absolutely delish!

Fans of Cash said...

mmmmmm are you making peach jam? need Bill to pick up some peaches?

Denise Marie said...

gorgeous post!! I'll have to use MILs fig jelly to do this soon.