Sunday, July 12, 2009

We Be Jammin'

Holly-grown raspberries+
15 cups of sugar+
3 boxes of surejell+
Miss Becky+
Mike's raspberry lemonade
(shared one, to keep our wits about us)+

=One really fun + productive Saturday evening.


Becky makes it look easy but it's not easy remembering why the timer is going off. Was it for 10 minutes of occasional stirring or 1 minute of boiling or 3 minutes of constant stirring and which bowl has what in it.
Jam it! Pay attention ladies.

All finished! I sent Becky home with Fisher's Scone Mix. The best there is! Origins at the Puyallup Fair, baked fresh at the Stone House on Sunday mornings, served with butter, jam and whipped cream.

Cheers!

Next up, fig jam and the figs are home grown. We also plan to make peach jam.
We be jammin'...

7 comments:

Becky L. Beck said...

ahhh What fun it was; My guys were beyond thrilled when I walked in the door with my box filled with Jam. Once I told them about the Scones; they got REAL excited. Thank you Tami; you are the BEST teacher and very patient with my memory loss issues... :) Let's get old together ok?

Les Hon said...

Ah, Fisher scones! Indeed, the best -- and remember when the wagon came to our Fair years ago? Loved the scones AND the little waxy paper bag they came in...

Thanks for supporting the raspberry industry by continuing to create the desire for more raspberry treats...It always ups consumption! Keep jammin'! :D

Meagan said...

I'm surejell-ous! Holly better give me some of those berries! Looks sooo good.

Holly said...

You're too "sweet" Tami! Your jam looks lovely and I would like to put in a request for the fig jam. My only experience with figs are with the Newton family. Have a great day!!!

Shelly said...

Been making jam here too...the sugar quantity kinda creeps me out - I want to taste the berries!
This week...raspberry.
Next week...this old farm raspberries with Methow Valley peaches combo! Can't wait to try the rasp/peach combo in that yummy cooffee cake...ooo-eeee-baby!

Jodi said...

I want some. I could not be there. WHAAAAAA!

Janice said...

I've made the strawberry, now I need to make the raspberry - my girlfriend says last year she made a straw/rasp combo jam - delish! Definately have to try that one!