He leaves for basic training in September to Fort Sill in Lawton, Oklahoma. Then on to AIT for Medic training at Fort Sam Houston in San Antonio, Texas.
Hubby and I went to Seattle this morning for his swearing in ceremony. Sam left last night and spent the day with doctors and taking care of his paperwork. He is in good health and ready to serve.
Everything took place at MEPS*. All branches of the military leave from MEPS in Seattle. We saw many kids leaving today for the Marines, the Army, the Navy and the Coast Guard. It was humbling to see all of these soldiers and future soldiers making such a huge commitment for their country. They are all so willing to serve the United States and care so deeply for freedom. I'll never forget today. I had some teary moments watching the good byes.
My guys belong to God and I will be praying that He keeps Sam under a close watch. I trust that He can watch Sam wherever he goes to serve.
*Military Entrance Processing
*Oh, and if someone could find me a military acronym dictinary that would be very helpful...
10 comments:
We're proud of Sam also. Hoo-uh! (or whatever it is they say!)
As for the acronyms - don't even try. It's mind-boggling.
So proud of Sam and happy that he can fulfill his dream. Praying for mom and dad, as they let go...it can be so hard. Stay strong and trust.
P.S. We missed you this morning...we were sweating buckets at 6:00 am!
God Bless Your Son!!! A man of honor...
Wow! So great! I'll miss Sam, he's such a great guy...what a asset to our armed forces. Take care Sam I Am!
My eyes filled up with tears!!! For you and for me and for the whole family!! So proud, yet so hard to let go! congratulations Sam and God Bless!! I've always wanted a military man to write to, and maybe even send cookies... is he game??? (This is by no means an official contract!!!!) Give me a call Tami, I'd love to be your support!! Hugs and Hi to Maxee!!!!(My code word on your site today was GRACE!! Amen!)
This is one proud Auntie! The willingness to service his country is in him for a reason, I know he will do great things and make a difference in God's world. I promise to be his prayer warrior. My love and congratulations to Sam.
Sam was so happy when he came by after. He truly is doing what he is called to do. We are so proud!
What an honor. I'll pray for him. I can understand why you are very proud.
I wish I could send you my Precious Moments Army guy but I gave it for silent auction last year when a dear friend lost her husband.
Blessings to your precious ones!!
See Sam go , go Sam go! What a blessing to have those that are called to protect and serve! I will pray God's protection on him and that God will use him as a light!!
Post a Comment