I don't usually cook on Sunday nights but if everyone has been working a lot and suddenly ends up at home I make an exception. Especially if it means a night on the patio with the guys.
Cilantro Lime Chick with Avocado Salsa
A recipe from Cooking Light. This chicken was easy and delicious.
Chicken:
2 T. minced cilantro*
2 1/2 T. lime juice
1 1/2 T. olive oil
4 chicken breast halves
1/4 tsp. salt
(cooking spray if you cook it inside in a pan)
To prepare the chicken, combine ingredients in a large bowl. Toss and let stand 3 minutes. Remove chicken, toss marinade. Sprinkle the salt on the chicken.
At this point I put my chicken on skewers with some mushrooms, onions and red pepper. That way my veggies could be done on the grill too.
Salsa:
1 c. plum tomatoes-chopped
2 T. finely chopped onion
2 tsp. lime juice
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
Add the avocado last. Stir gently.
I made a bit larger batch of the salsa because my avocado was huge and I added some cilantro. We love cilantro. *I wash the cilantro, let it dry a bit and then use a scissors, otherwise it sticks to the knife and cutting board.
Serve the salsa over the chicken. Makes a nice summer time meal that I served with tortilla chips and fruit.
Enjoy!
4 comments:
MMMmmmmm yummy looking food!
That looks great. I love salsas of all kinds.
Thanks for stopping by Playing Dishes and adding a CIJ Tablescape to our weekly party. I hope that things pick up this week on Saturday and we have more table to see since there isn't a holiday in the way of playing dishes or sharing photos from the past!!!!
I just compiled all the entries for the week and added them to my little teapot that is hold all of them until the drawing on July 25. Stop back by and visit again and maybe add another table.
I really enjoyed your party. It looked like you have a lot of fun.
alright... this looks like a fabulous meal... I'm game. Trying it this weekend. I will let you know. How big of avocado? Just one? You know me; gotta have the details.
My family would think that there are too many red and green things in there!! My Sunday nights "ok I'll make something" dinner is nachos or quesdillas :-)!
Post a Comment