Saturday, July 11, 2009

How Does Your Garden Grow?

This is a picture of my garden...
My pathetic leetle teeny garden. Some lettuce and zucchini in pots. A bigger garden than last year's, but still.

Yesterday I went to visit my friend Holly. I ran into her at the library where she asked me if I bought my berries. Ummmm yes, where else would one get berries? Apparently, one would get them from her garden. So late afternoon I went to Holly's garden/farm and picked berries, and lettuce (3 kinds) and cabbage, actually she picked all the lettuces and cabbage. I was kind of busy walking around with my mouth hanging open.
Her garden is amazing. And huge. And growing.

I. Will. Never. Go. To. Holly's house. Again. Without. My. Camera.

I'm soooo, sooo sorry.

You'll just have to take my word for it.

Her SIL Meagan is an artist and she used Holly's garden for inspiration for her paintings.

Becky is coming over for a jam making session tonight. Thanks Holly for the berries. And the inspiration!

4 comments:

Meagan said...

Hi Tami,
How fun to click on your blog and see this post. Isn't Holly's garden just AMAZING! I can't believe that girl. She came out of some mold that I wish I could duplicate and crawl into. Thanks for the shout out to my blog. By the way...your garden is spectacular compared to the one I planted. Oh that's right...I didn't plant one. Silly me.
Take care,
Meagan

Janice said...

I'll have to wander right on down and gape at her garden - sounds illegal doesn't it?! :-) Some of us weren't meant to grow gardens!!

Holly said...

You're TOO funny!!!! So glad that you would take my excess!!! It's more of a blessing to me than to you I think!!! Rock on you Jammers, you!!!!

Eloise said...

Confessing my sins here... I covet your stone archway! Utterly charming and inviting. Just like you. :)