We lost an hour of sleep and the coffee maker died this morning. Enough to tip anyone over! Our coffee maker has been very moody for three weeks now and this morning just wouldn't turn on. We had an old one for just such an occasion as this and used it instead. I guess we need a new one. The old one is just for emergencies, it's kind of old and icky. But it will do in a pinch. We have bought inexpensive and expensive coffee makers over the years and actually it doesn't make any difference. They just do not last around here. This does not sit well with me, because I don't want to be part of the 'throw away society'. But I need my coffee. Any success stories with coffee makers would be appreciated. I don't need much, only option that must be included is that I need to pour before it finishes brewing. Impatient, that's me. Especially when I didn't get enough sleep and haven't had my coffee.
Sunday, March 9, 2008
This Really Grinds Me
We lost an hour of sleep and the coffee maker died this morning. Enough to tip anyone over! Our coffee maker has been very moody for three weeks now and this morning just wouldn't turn on. We had an old one for just such an occasion as this and used it instead. I guess we need a new one. The old one is just for emergencies, it's kind of old and icky. But it will do in a pinch. We have bought inexpensive and expensive coffee makers over the years and actually it doesn't make any difference. They just do not last around here. This does not sit well with me, because I don't want to be part of the 'throw away society'. But I need my coffee. Any success stories with coffee makers would be appreciated. I don't need much, only option that must be included is that I need to pour before it finishes brewing. Impatient, that's me. Especially when I didn't get enough sleep and haven't had my coffee.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Oh honey..I'm sorry. Your coffee maker picked a crappy day to crap out on you. No advice, I'm verrryyy upset with all small appliances lately, this week it was the coffee grinder that gave up the ghost around here....I was ready to stomp on the beans I was so desperate for my espresso. Hey, how about a french press? It's not a machine! Or a Bialetti stove top espresso maker, no moving parts... I use both of those at the cabin.
Go espresso! I love my 6+year old starbucks machine.
But I don't think they make it anymore. I hope it's not contagious.
I was going to say you should have a french press handy...for mornings like these. It has become my favorite coffee (so I gave mine to my cousin so I wouldn't drink so much coffee - I think I was overdoing it!).
I am sorry - I agree w/ Jodi though- go to Starbucks they have great *stuff*!
I agree with Jerry. I'm in full support of the French Press. It's my favourite way to make coffee at home. Oh, and it doesn't have so many moving parts to break.
Simplicity is usually better.
We got a new coffee maker like yours for christmas. Now is it a shiney bookend.
It is a better bookend than it was a coffee maker- a little expensive for that though!
I say whatever Jodi say's because I think she has the best coffee in town!!
She and Bill know how to impress the NewComers with their great Latte's~
I'm hooked....
coffee anyone? Let's show up at Jodi's around 2pm....
bb
Post a Comment