Last evening the Hubby and I were invited to a wine tasting at Samson Winery by our friend Scott. Samson uses raspberries and blueberries that they grow and they bring in grapes from Eastern Washington. Scott had bought the tasting at a benefit auction. We had many tastes and they were each served with food-yummy food! Good pairings. Samson winemaker, Rob has another label, Delilah. Clever. Samson Winery has a nice facility but we had never been in the back room where they make the wine so that was a first. We learned something about wine making and had a good time visiting with a nice group of people, a perfect way to spend a rainy Friday night.
Saturday, March 1, 2008
Samson Estate Winery
Last evening the Hubby and I were invited to a wine tasting at Samson Winery by our friend Scott. Samson uses raspberries and blueberries that they grow and they bring in grapes from Eastern Washington. Scott had bought the tasting at a benefit auction. We had many tastes and they were each served with food-yummy food! Good pairings. Samson winemaker, Rob has another label, Delilah. Clever. Samson Winery has a nice facility but we had never been in the back room where they make the wine so that was a first. We learned something about wine making and had a good time visiting with a nice group of people, a perfect way to spend a rainy Friday night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love Samson - love, love, love the berry wines (did I say love? I love them)!
I have had some Delilah on top of my fridge for awhile now and I just "got" the whole name thing...I was thinking (while reading your post) WHY is that clever? It took me a bit and it hit me over the head - OH! Sampson & Delilah! Geez! I am soooo quick! :)
Glad you had fun - that wine looks awfully tasty there in Fred's hand!
Post a Comment