I love Christmas music, of course I know I can't sing or make any kind of noise resembling music but still I do enjoy it and I think it is a huge part of slowing me down during the holidays. It stops me cold sometimes to think of all the fuss and really the birth of my Savior is the reason for the season. Last night I went with my Mom to Max's Christmas concert at LCHS. Wow! My heart was filled, really. And I could sometimes pick out Max's voice, in a 60 person chorus! He takes after his Dad and has a nice voice. Fred has his choir Cantata on Sunday night at Third CRC and it is one of my favorite nights of the season. Members of the Whatcom Symphony accompany them and with Ryan Smit as director it is a treat. If you live in town don't miss it, it starts at 6 p.m.
Yesterday was my birthday and a good Christmas music day-Max's concert, a new Starbuck Christmas CD from my guys and on the way to work I heard the Indiana University A Capella group-Straight No Chaser. The link/address is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Fe11OlMiz8 I'm not sure if these guys have a CD but if they do I am getting in line. They are good... and cute!
2 comments:
Oh...that is so cool! I loved it...already checked - they're sold out...surprise surprise. I am so bummed I'm going to miss the Cantata. :-(
very very sad
What a wonderful post. How magical the music is during this season is truely a blessing!
Post a Comment