What a weekend folks. Go Tami go! Fred and I did the big shop on Friday-Costco, Trader Joes, Cash & Carry and Haggens. On Saturday we did the big preChristmas clean. And on Sunday we went to church, went to my folks where my Mom had 50+ family for lunch, came home and Emilyn and Caleb came over for a few hours while Fred and their folks practiced for the cantata. Went to the cantata and then had a party at our place with friends and family-light supper and wine. Fred's folks came for the cantata and spent the night. Today Fred & I are going to head out and do the big Christmas shop. Our boys are going to meet us for dinner tonight at Olive Garden. At that point we should be ready for Christmas. Whew!
Lessons learned: *Don't leave your house to go to church when you are bringing turkey for a dinner at 1:00 p.m.-Stay home and watch the bird. *Don't wear heels on a day like I had Sunday. *Know when to let the details go, Emilyn told me "Party Schmarty" when I didn't have time to bowl with her on the Wii. *Don't wait until the last week to do all shopping for your kids. *Don't work on a Friday night at the museum ever again.(ask me later).
Overall a fantastic weekend- I'm off to shop so I'll catch up with you later. Photo is our tree this year, where I will soon be "sitting around the Christmas tree with a glass of wine and the Christmas music turned up."
1 comment:
I think that last lesson is probably the most important of all. And there is ALWAYS time for Wii bowling! ALWAYS!
Sounds like you are on your way to ready. I made my big-ole list last night...Here we go in the final stretch!
Post a Comment