Sam is driving across the country this week. He is moving from Fort Bragg, NC to Joint Base Lewis McChord, WA which shall be referred to on this blog from this time forth and forevermore as JBLM. Angela is traveling with Sam and they stopped in Michigan to visit Danny and his fiancee, Jessica. I love this picture of the guys that Sam texted home this week.
I think it's pretty safe to say that they are having a good time on the road.
Sam loved the jackalope in Wall drug when he was ten. Apparently, it's still a hit.
Sam and Max are coming home this weekend. I guess I better rustle up some groceries.
For five years after we moved in the Stone House I tried to get foxgloves to grow in the front flower garden. To no avail. This year they are everywhere and in many hues of purple and violet and there are some white flowers too. Thank you poopy birds! The hummingbirds love the foxgloves. I have enjoyed watching them.
It's a bit jungle like at the Stone House this year and I'm fine with it.
The orange blossoms smell divine except when the fields get a heavy, fresh layer of manure, then they get drowned out.
I baked almond cakes today for Father's Day dessert. The fresh strawberries are in season and taste so good. The berries could use a bit more sunshine for sweetness and honestly, I could too. The rain is starting to make me cranky. Otherwise, it's all good here at the Stone House.
Enjoy the weekend and celebrate your Dad!



No comments:
Post a Comment