Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Three Out of Four

Last evening Blake, Sam and Max were home for dinner.  This doesn't happen very often anymore so Hubby and I are happy when the stars align and our guys land on the patio.
Blake isn't really ours but there was a time when he was at our place so much that he had his own pile of clean laundry lined up with everyone else's stack in the laundry room and the futon upstairs was considered his bed.
The guys have brought some very special girls to the table.  I felt so blessed last night to have my guys and sweet, sweet young women at the table.  Good food, a still and warm evening on the patio, great adult children, many laughs and good conversation made for a perfect storm for Hubby and me.
Since our guys live all over the country we treasure these storms.
I wished Danny and Jessica could have been here but three out of four is still pretty good.
Pretty good, indeed.

No comments: