Sunday, June 16, 2013

Nap Time

On Saturday I found an iron bed, springs and mattress at an estate sale.  I have always wanted a bed on the patio for summer nap time.  For ten bucks I felt like I had nothing to lose.  Shelly helped me get it home and then I cleaned it up and carried it up to the patio.  Why yes, it is heavy.
 After I got it up there I realized that I had gotten rid of all twin size bedding.  So I ran back to the estate sale thinking they might have sheets.  No sheets but I did find a cream chenille bed spread in good condition,  I washed it, dried it and hit the hay for a snooze.  It is like a little cozy nest!
 Max came home on Saturday.  He spotted a present and couldn't wait to open his birthday gift, yep, it the Lone Ranger Lego Western Train set.  It is going to be so fun to set it up.  Max thought my patio bed was crazy until he laid on it.  He's hooked.
 Sam and Angela got home this afternoon, just in time for steak dinner and to celebrate Father's Day.  I am so thankful that they had a safe trip and a good time. They drove over 3500 miles without  any trouble.
 It was the first time in several years that Hubby has had some guys home for Father's Day.  
It's been a good weekend.


2 comments:

Les Hon said...

YAY! What a great weekend for you!

Holly said...

So glad you got that! I seriously looked, but just couldn't! so glad I can visit it...can anyone nap? Would it be odd to arrive home and discover someone sleeping on your porch?