Monday, May 10, 2010

Cooking on the Cruise

Holland America's ms Ryndam has a Culinary Arts Center sponsored by Food and Wine Magazine. It's a state of the art kitchen set up for cooking demonstrations. Hubby and I were all over that. We learned some new recipes, tricks and techniques.

The ship's executive chef, Karl whipped up Prawn appetizers and also prepared a rock fish dish in one seminar. Delicious samples were enjoyed and we were given copies of all of the recipes.

Our ship's captain, Capt. Vincent Smit and our cruise director, Micheal had a Black Forest Cake Bake Off one afternoon.

By the end of the cruise we were pretty much running the kitchen. The Culinary Center was a fun part of our cruise. Our Garden Party group is in for a treat this year, as we learned some new tricks!

Holland America's bread pudding is very good. My Dad told me about it before we left. I learned how to make the bread pudding however; not for awhile. Must return to the Eat Less, Move More...

5 comments:

shelly said...

If you need to practice that prawn appetizer I'm home all week...free for taste testing..lolol.

Holly said...

You guys look like such naturals in that kitchen!!! Excited to hear more!

How does next Monday night sound for scrapping?? Let me know and I'll get everyone's email from you. Janice is in and it would be nice to have one more with Becky. We'll talk soon@@

jkluginbill said...

Look at that...looks like they made this kitchen just for you. :) How fun!

By the way - DeAnne got admitted to the Culinary Arts program which means I think I get to stop cooking altogether! :)

Eloise said...

What a fun idea! I would love to take a cruise like that!

I'm going to fight off Shelly for a sample of the prawn appetizer...

Jodi said...

Cute pic of you guys! Yummo!