On Sunday my sis Kathi and BIL Jeff mention that they are having a garage sale next weekend to benefit Relay for Life. They have some things from Jeff's Mom's estate. Would I like to pre-shop? Uh, hello, yesssiree!
I take a look, not really seeing anything until I spot a Corning Ware box. I ask if I may take a look and there my friends was the treasure.
THE Corning Ware Electromatic Immersible Platter! An Aid to Gracious Dining, Keeps dishes and beverages at serving temperatures, Completely Immersible.
An Aid to Gracious Dining! I am all about that.
I was pretty excited. Shelly's Mom Nelia has a similar tray. I have coveted it. This tray is perfect for stuffed mushrooms, bacon wrapped water chestnuts, and other hot treats.
God bless Peg for hanging on to this treasure and for having it in the all white instead of the Cornflower Emblem. Cuz it was also available in the Cornflower Emblem.
Aren't I just the luckiest hostess evah?
5 comments:
Glad you could make it trash to treasure! I'll be over for stuffed mushrooms soon. Kathi
Luckiest evah!! For sure!
I had never heard of such an item, but it does seem perfect.
And I love that it had the packaging intact...cool!
Great find Miss Tami! Made all the better by the fact that you were in Snowflake when the find was found!!!
Saw some vintage trailers this weekend...how's yours coming???
Very cool platter. Simple yet elegant.
FABULOUS DAHLING - mushrooms Thursday evening?!?! :-)
Post a Comment