Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Random Cruise Post

Hubby and I had a great cruise. We started in San Diego and ended in Vancouver B.C. this morning. While we spent a little time in San Diego the sun felt so good. It's been a cold spring so any sun is great. We met friends, Dan and Barb for dinner and had a good time catching up. It was so good to see them.


We boarded the Ryndam and were so impressed. It had just come out of dry dock where it was refurbished. Everything was freshly painted, the staterooms were redone and several areas had been given an overhaul.

I'm just going to share a few random ship shots tonight. The first full day out, the sea was angry, my friend. I wore the patch. For some reason if people were going to get sick it was right outside the elevators. Holland America provides these handy motion sickness bags. We stuck with the stairs to just avoid the whole ugliness of the seasickies.

Days run into each other when you are on a cruise. Holland American changes the elevator carpets everyday to help with that "what day is it?" problem. Nice.

Jogging is prohibited on the ship. I was so thankful for rule.

One of my favorite times on a cruise is after a late dinner and a show when we would get back to our stateroom. Our room steward would have left us a turned down bed, a breakfast room service menu, chocolates, a towel animal and the schedule for the next day.

There is something really fun about getting ready for bed and then planning the next day. I had forgotten about that part of a cruise.

More cruise coming...

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Welcome home. Sounds like so much fun. I love the daily rugs...I'm going to buy those for my bathroom to help me remember what day it is. :)

Les Hon said...

Do you have to request a "no jogging" ship? 'Cause I want to make sure that I go on one of those...

Janice said...

oooo- wish I was on a cruise! What a treat for you and Fred!

jkluginbill said...

I totally need those rugs and someone to change them for me...sometimes I get so confused.

Looks lovely!

Anonymous said...

Barb and Dan look marvelous!