Happy Memorial Day weekend! For many years we spent this holiday weekend on Camano Island. This year Hubby is working and Tess has a ball tournament. We all have good memories of going to the cabin, but as the kids grew up it has been harder to get there for Memorial Day weekend.
So, we improvise at home. Tonight Craig and Jolene are coming over for dinner. We have a few favorite foods we still need to enjoy, even if it's at home. Teens can dine and dash.
And I felt like cooking and baking today. A lot. I made a potato casserole, baked beans, dinner rolls, cookies, s'more bars. The baked beans are the good kind, with browned hamburger and onions, crushed pineapple and brown sugar. Hubby is grilling flank steak and turkey breasts. And Jolene is bringing the Snicker's salad. No Memorial Day feast is complete without the Snicker's Salad. You'll just have to trust me on this.
Due to inclement weather baking the S'more Bars is a good alternative to huddling around a campfire. My cookie recipe is coming later this weekend.
So, even if you're stuck in the house you have something to look forward to this weekend. A new cookie recipe!
2 comments:
Somehow I had missed the smore recipe earlier - definitely going to have to try this one!! Everything looks great!! I know if you're having Craig and Jolene, there will be lots of laughter - always makes for a fun evening - flank steak helps too :-)
Isn't it hard to let go of traditions as our kids get older?!?!
I'm drooling...we had Subway.
Post a Comment