Saturday evening I made a Canadian Bacon and Pineapple pizza. YUM! I used crushed pineapple and lots of cheese.
Sunday evening I made a Mexican Chicken Pizza. First I found a recipe on Tasty Kitchen and then I did whatever I wanted to do with the ingredients I had in the pantry.
Mexican Chicken Pizza
Spread out your crust on the stone or in a pizza pan.
Drain one can of Rotel tomatoes and spread over the crust
1 1/2 c. cooked and cubed chicken breast (Cash and Carry!)
1/3 c. corn
*I thawed the corn and chicken in the microwave for about a minute on 50% power.
Then sprinkle the chicken and corn on the tomatoes and peppers. Next sprinkle on the Julio's, our favorite seasoning from Texas.
Cover with low fat Mexican Cheese. The guys didn't even notice it was low fat. HaH!
And bake at 425 degrees for 15-22 minutes.
I sliced up an avocado and got out the sour cream for toppers.
Guys loved it. So, it's a keeper.
Tonight calzones... And all this coming from a kitchen minimalist, I do not like gadgets. But I am loving the stone!
6 comments:
I love my pizza stone and the TJs crust. I will have to try this pizza. YUM!
I use my pizza stone to make cookies - they come out perfect!
I use mine for cookies too...I have 4 of them!!! Look at g-sales and the thrift store.
Pleas pass on your calzone recipe!!
http://theladyinthestonehouse.blogspot.com/2009/03/cal-zones-shortcut.html
My calzones.
I love my Pizza Stone & I just did a Post a few post back on Trader Joe's ready made Crust! Aren't they Delicious! I just picked up two more over the weekend to make more pizza's this week, I think I will make your Mexican Style Pizza Recipe! Looks DeLisH!!
I've had a stone for years - go through stages "forgetting" I have one..........maybe pizza tonight! Thanks for the reminder!
I was the Pampered Chef Queen of Missouri~ isn't that a fancy title; so I have every stone; the mini baker is the cutest ever; and great to use in the Toaster Oven for the ONE meal items... Stones make everything better from Pizza, Fries, Cookies, fish.... yeah!
Post a Comment