Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Shoes and Ribbon, Oh MY!

Yesterday Jerrie and I went to town to do some shopping for the museum. Our annual Docent Dinner is next week. Jerrie and I have been putting this dinner together for about 13 years. We like to keep costs down, appreciation for our volunteers up and we like a fresh look every year. It's a challenge and it's tons of fun for us.

As we look at color combinations, for good sales and enough supplies for a dinner for 75 we may or may not shop a bit for ourselves.

I picked up some scrapping supplies yesterday, bits and pieces. Jerrie did too. Nice things.

AND then I found this stash, bronze and golden chipboard letters, borders with bronze foil, turquoise and bees! Then the hit of the day for me. Velvet, leopard print ribbon. Shut up! I was a tad excited.

I'm not entirely sure what I am going to use the ribbon for but if I need it, I have it. This is especially groovy as I just ordered leopard print shoes. Wooo Hooo!

7 comments:

jkluginbill said...

Yay! You got the picture on your header. LOVE it!

You did get some goooodies! I was told I might need a cupcake sticker intervention. Like a support group or something.

Fun times. Always.

Mindy K said...

Leopard print ribbon would send me and the kids off to the Zoo and stage a photo. Wanna go? Emilyn will go to the next year with my kids. 2nd grade field trip??

Les Hon said...

Leopard print shoes???Sweet!

And those other goodies...I should have stalked you two so I could source the good stuff!

michele said...

Look at these fun goodies! Love em'

Katie said...

I love that Nana's Kitchen, I call my 95 yr old Grandmother Nana! ;)

Anonymous said...

Cute stuff!!

Becky L. Beck said...

When is the dinner and who is invited? Can i invite myself; just gotta see my friends creations... it's killin me. :)