Thursday, February 11, 2010

Kitten, Kitten, Whose got the Mitten?


The sistas are back home from Whistler. While there we did see the best Olympics 2010 souvenir and went for those mittens like a dog after a meaty bone, like a fighter going for the prize, like three women clawing their way to a 90% off clearance item or like an athlete after the GoLd!

If someone tells the sistas that they can't have mittens, that the mittens are sold out, we want them. Badly.

The 2010 red mittens were the cutest, softest, most affordable souvenir. We wanted the mittens. Finding the mittens was the Olympic Shopping Event.

Fortunately for everyone involved a shipment came in on our last morning in Whistler. Kathi made one more trip to the official Olympic store, a staff person was restocking yet another sold out display of mittens. She told Kathi she had been restocking for two hours. The mittens were selling like hot cakes!

In our event, Shopping, we won the gold! I mean the red.

Now Kathi can wear her mittens at the 2010 Olympics bob sleigh and luge events. Melinda and I can wear them in our living rooms while we watch on cable TV.

Whew...

6 comments:

Janice said...

What fun! Those are so cute - great shopping girls! You've obviously been in training :-)!

Emily said...

Can I buy those online?!? I want some! They would look FABULOUS with my red Columbia coat.

Holly said...

I can only hope that you picked up a pair for me, which I would gladly pay for, and hopefully they are the ones with the leaf! Sorry Kath, but I like Tami's best!!!!
So glad you had a great time...can't wait to see the Whistler book!

Tami said...

Guess what? Holly, you get both on the same pair of mittens. The maple leaf is on the inside...cute.
And no I am sorry I didn't buy extras... regrets.

Les Hon said...

Congrats on your Red Medal shopping accomplishment...Best souvie I've seen yet!

Okay, the only others I've seen are the green jackets and the stuffed sasquatch thing...

Anonymous said...

I'm coveting them....