Mix up a yellow cake mix according to the package directions. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Put the batter into a greased (sprayed) 9 X 13 pan.
Sprinkle 4 cups of chopped rhubarb on top of the batter.
Sprinkle 1 1/2 cups sugar on the rhubarb.
Pour a pint of whipping cream on top of the sugar. Use 1 1/2 cups to 2 cups of whipping cream.
Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes, mine took longer. I'm not exactly sure how long the cake was in the oven but it was close to 50 minutes.
*No pictures of the finished cake as I am taking it to church. You'll just have to trust me on this one or join us for lunch. It looks pretty when cut and there is an amazing rhubarb custard in the cake. This recipe came without a name, I call it Rhubarb Custard Cake. Enjoy!
4 comments:
YUM! Anything with rhubarb sounds good...that cake has just a bit of sugar huh? I would love it. :)
Enjoy your sunny Sunday!
That reminds me - Kathi said I could come get rhubarb!! I am SO making this cake!! Yum!! Maybe I'll sit and eat a whole one by myself after I survive this week!!
I was just thinking....I need to find some rubarb recipes for the rubarb we have in our yard. This one sounds amazing! I'm going to try it soon!!
How about something other than rubarb? LOL
Post a Comment