Saturday, May 16, 2009

It's a Small World After All

On Friday evening some sisters came over to my house. One sister had a date so she couldn't join us. Anyway, the purpose of the evening was to plan a luncheon. Becky, Jodi and I are hosting a lunch on June 5th. A ladies luncheon, you might say, or a Sip-n-See. The lunch is for some old friends and new friends and friends that I haven't even met yet, but I just know we'll be friends. We'll see just how small the world really can be. I'll keep you posted.

Besides planning the menu and other details we decided to scrap a bit. Jodi brought fruit and I shared something new from Trader Joes, chicken coconut curry rolls, Becky brought dessert. She showed us up. Becky saw the cover of Better Homes and Gardens and got busy. Delicious, "pb & j amped up" dessert style. It looked just like a magazine cover, it was so pretty. Tasty too.
The planning and snacking and visiting went well, the scrapping, not so much. Jodi made a faux Starbucks coffee. Becky explained just how much she dislikes white paper. Over and over.


We had lots of laughs so it was a good evening. Becky's dessert was definitely a success. And we are ready for the luncheon.
But the scrappin' not so much. We just weren't feelin' it.

6 comments:

Holly said...

The fellowship always turns out to be so much better than the project! I've seen what you accomplish so an off day is just that!!! Have a fun time with your get together!

Eloise said...

Wow - what a fabulous looking dessert! I take it that it tasted good too? I hope you'll share the recipe.

Can't wait to see pictures from the real party. I love planning an event, and it's especially nice when you get new ideas from other hostesses.

PS Congrats on the driver in the house!

Janice said...

Maybe if you had had some Woods coffee you would've been sharper to get some good ol' scrappin' done!! :-) Sorry - had to make a plug!

theSNAPsisters said...

Oh MY! I had thee exclusive...it's on!

jkluginbill said...

sounds like fun was had. Dessert is always a hit! Yummers!

Becky doesn't like white paper? what? That is just weird. I love white paper...

Love Jodi's cup...however, as some may know, I'm a little bit of an addict. :)

Becky L. Beck said...

OK: I made the posting... How funny you are! Great way to exploit my creativity! It was sure fun!