Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Camano Island Traditions

On Friday, inbetween packing and getting ready for the weekend at the cabin on Camano Island, I saw Dr. Burden. My allergies were outta control. Of course, the sinus infection shows up and I was a mess. She fixed me right up. And I carried on.

We picked up Tyler, packed in and got there before dark and settled in for the weekend.

In the morning I got the drinks on ice, the flank steak marinating and got into the sunshine. Where I had not been since last summer. Just soaked up that long lost friend vitamin D.

On Saturday Craig, Jolene, Jordan and Morgan came for the day. Shelli and Tess showed up later. Mid afternoon Jolene, Morgan and I went on the hike around the loop. This is a nice hike along our beach to the state park beach into the park and onto a trail through the woods along the bluff back to the top where our cabin sits.
Morgan's first Memorial weekend trip to Camano Island was when she was one week old. It is a long standing tradition, Morgan is now twelve.

We visited with the guys constructing a raft along the way. What Max wants you to notice is that in every picture he and Jordan are working and Tyler, not so much. They build rafts and forts on our beach and have such a good time.


Obviously, Tyler is management material.

Jolene, Morgan and I didn't fall off the bluff but we did run into a snake on the trail. Scared us to bits!

We had a sunny, fun day with lots of laughs. Ended with our traditional dinner of steak, potatoes, Snicker's salad, Caesar salad and bread with jam.
To be continued...

5 comments:

Shelly said...

Such a beautiful place! Thanks so much for sharing it with us ;)

Janice said...

Sunshine, friends, a view..........what more could a person need?! Sounds awesome!! Maybe someday we can go check it out!

Jodi said...

Good weather means good times at the cabin!

Holly said...

Funny how Tyler works the same way at home-too much thought and not enough action! thanks for taking him, he had a great time!!

Core4 said...

Add "Simply Saline" to your allergy arsenol. It works!!