I love it that someone has gone before us. Other families have lived in the Stone House. We have all worked to take good care of the Stone House and made memories for our children in the Stone House. I am sure that we have all weathered some storms here too.
This year I actually saw Mary on her birthday. She is doing so well. Mary and her siblings came and toured the Stone House a few years ago. It was so special to hear the memories come spilling out of all of them. Which is why a new house just wouldn't work for me. We are missing some conveniences but there is no shortage of history and good memories.
7 comments:
I'm with you, I love old houses and their stories. Growing up down the road from the Stone House I was always fascinated by it. Since my brother Noah and Matt were best friends I got to visit the Stone House once in awhile...good memories.
Several years ago, the people that own the house that I grew up in let my family come in for a few hours on a Saturday afternoon - it was a very cool experience!
This is my first visit and I love the story behind your stone house! What a beautiful place!
Nice story. Loving all the blooms everywhere!
I grew up in a "so called" haunted house. It was well known. The old residents have visited. Weird things have been seen by us and them. When my parents remodeled, they found a very old Bible tucked away in the walls. Crazy and interesting. For fear of sharing to much on a public blog, we can talk later, if interested. I believe in angles and ghosts. Ours were not scary, but mischeiveous.
What wonderful memories of your old stone house....I love the windows by the way....My daughter also knows the lady that lived in her old stone house and she shared stories with them.....how nice to live in a house with a bit of history.....Have a wonderful Mother's Day....
Post a Comment