Friday, May 15, 2009

It's All Good Except for My Brain


Last night Max had his Soccer team dinner party. Hubby was working so Max and I drove out to the Zweegman property. Past Birch Bay and held by a family and Whatcom Land Trust, this property is amazing. It was so beautiful and we actually had sunshine. A good time was had by all.
On the drive home we decided to stop at the Mellema Ranch, hoping for a visit with Little Bit. Little Bit was staying elsewhere but we did get to see three new colts and fillies. So cute. If I lived on the ranch I would just park myself in a chair by the pasture and gaze lovingly at them all day however; I think if you live on a ranch there is no time to gaze lovingly because there are so many chores. Mindy was very gracious in spite of us dropping in right at the kids' bedtime. I had poor light so I want to sneak back for some good photos.

All said and done a nice day, I met my sister, the birthday girl, Kathi at Starbucks for coffee. Janice joined us and we had a nice visit. I made a fast stop at Becky's workplace and scared her to bits, so that was fun. Worked at the museum, did some household chores. A good day!


However, that being said, I would like to add that several times yesterday conversations came up regarding a fifty year old brain. It's not looking good. I am starting to suffer from filter failure. You know when older women say things that they are thinking. It just comes out. Processing aloud is a similar disease. We've all had a mother that suffers from this disease.

Then last night on the way to the party Max and I had a discussion. This is how it ended.
Me-"You are a teenager and may not like to hear this but your brain is not fully developed yet. So, you are not capable of some decisions."
Max-"Well, your brain is fifty and rotting, and you may not like to hear this but..."
Me-"Wait just one minute mister...you're right."
End of discussion.

6 comments:

Holly said...

When you have a kid as adorable as Max and he says things like that, how do you manage to hang onto the steeing wheel while you're reeling with laughter????? I like the phrase "filter failure". I don't worry too much about what I say because darned if I don't forget it anyway!!!!

Holly said...

And I obviously have a problem checking my spelling too!

jkluginbill said...

haha! I have filter failure, what is my excuse? :)

Have a great weekend!

Becky L. Beck said...

I made the Blog! whoo hoo! Let's keep it a secret as to WHY you scared me to death... My computer came to LIFE right in front of my eyes. Glad I didn't scream out loud! Since my brain is not quite 50 yet; guess it was able to keep mouth quiet~ :) GREAT to see all of you by the way!

Kathi said...

Love the picture at the beach - blue is my favorite color.
Thanks for the birthday coffee yesterday!
I'm well on my way to "filter failure", although I have more "mind overload" these days.

Janice said...

It's a harsh reality - but at the rate our country is failing - maybe euthinasia will be legal when our filters start failing and our children can just "put us down" :-0!!

Again, maybe it's not filter failure - maybe it's an excuse for moms to get to say what they've always wanted to say............