I've been on some field trips this week. Hubby and I went to Hovander Park on his birthday. Checked out the fowl. Hubby wants chickens here at the Stone House. Me, I'm on the fence. Neither of us wants a turkey. They kinda gross me out, with that waddle looking like guts on the outside and all. I think we'd rather just get our turkey dinner at Haggens or Safeway and call it good.
Back at home I finally got my garden in. Looks good, don't it? Just like a country girl's garden should be.
Give me a little credit, you could have believed it for a minute. I'd like to claim this one but it is done by the Master Gardeners at Hovander Park.
Hubby wants to weld now. The park has some sweet garden doo dahs. Go crazy, honey!
We enjoy the Fragrance Garden. If you know where to find grapefruit mint, let me know, I need some.
Wednesday afternoon I went to a sweet little fabric, stitchery, quilters, crafters shop. Oh wait. That's not a shop. It's Holly's home with a special supply room. Amazing. It was sensory overload, all those gorgeous colors.
Holly has some very cool collections out at her country home. She also has a huge garden that puts Hovander's to shame. I hope she gives garden tours on her blog this summer so I know when things are ready.
Holly is getting me started on stitchery. I think I can do it. I definitely won't be able to keep up with Holly though, she has done some amazing projects. I got some ideas and patterns and definitely some inspiration. I'll keep you posted.
4 comments:
I always forget about Hovander. Its such a cute park. WOW holly has a lot of fabric! I'd like to see what she does with it.
Now that's alot of fabric....and you should enjoy yourself...working with fabric is fun....and you had me going I thought that fabulous garden plot was really yours!! and you ned to stop wasting money at IKEA and give the Scanpan a try...they are having free shipping this month!
She's an amazing lady for sure! I've thought about trying quilting - I'm sure I'd love it - but I just can't justify another hobby!! Maybe someday when all the scrapbooks are caught up!?!?!?! PS Today I had a handsome young man help me at Co-op...... :-)
You are too funny! It was so fun having you over-you're welcome anytime! You need to show some pics of your beautiful yard. You too, are quite the gardner! Thanks for taking Ty with you and have a great weekend!
Post a Comment