Yay Max! He did it! Max is now a proud member of the 800 club.
Max has been going to zero hour at school this year. Zero hour is before school where Robb (yes, my boot camp Robb) helps the football team with their weight lifting. I call it the 'Hour of Power'. Max set a pretty high goal of making the 800 Club as a freshman. Usually only one or two freshmen make it. It's not easy.
Max benched 225, squat 260, 185 powerclean and 185 incline, that's pounds people. So, at 855 he is one happy camper. We are very proud of him. He set the goal and made it and more importantly he is in good shape for football in the Fall. And he gets the 800 club t-shirt!
He will continue to lift this summer. The stronger the players are, the less chance they have of getting hurt. And that makes this mama happy.
3 comments:
Congrats to Max! I remember how satisfied and proud our boys were to make those clubs...Ahhh, I miss the high school football days...Great coaches, good times, good memories...Enjoy!
Don't forget - it makes all the girls happy too! Girls like muscles :-)! Way to go Max - I'm impressed with you sticktoittiveness :-)!
Nice accomplishment Max!
I hope he's doing his lifting (the dirty clothes off the floor) and pushing (the lawm mower) at home too!
Post a Comment