Friday, November 2, 2012

Deep Breath, Say it With Me...

 It's autumn, Halloween is just past, Thanksgiving is this month.  
Say it with me... It's autumn, Halloween is just past, Thanksgiving is this month. 
I am home after being gone for half of October.  I just set out a Fall centerpiece on the dining room table, nuts and gourds, little owls and burlap candles.  Fall decor.
Then I go to the grocery store and Christmas is everywhere.  Baking supplies!  It made me uncomfortable, uneasy and rushed, for no good reason.  I had to search high and low for M & M's that weren't red and green.
Tomorrow we have our Fall pumpkin carving party where we no longer carve pumpkins, but still it's a FALL event.  I'm making a recipe that calls for leftover Halloween candy.  I'll let you know if it's good.  Meanwhile, hide two cups of the kiddos candy.  Just in case!
And remember it's November, just.
 I love Christmas.  I've been collecting shiney brites on my trips. I am pinning Christmas ideas on Pinterest. Christmas is my crack but I need to slow this crazy train down.  At least until next week when Jerrie and I bring on the Christmas at the Lynden Pioneer Museum Gift Shop...
 It's Fall, it's pumpkin pie and candy corn season, it's Thanksgiving time.  Say it with me...

2 comments:

Les Hon said...

Saying it!

Over and over...

jkluginbill said...

AUTUMN! Saying it right along with you. Savoring each day, one day at a time...

Until we become elves and bring Christmas to the museum....