Monday, November 26, 2012

The Good and The Bad

 Thanksgiving came and went.  Max was home for the weekend, we hadn't seen him since August.  it was fun to have him here.  We enjoyed our Thanksgiving feast at my parents' house with family and friends.
I ate too much.  Big surprise.
 On Friday evening we went to Adam and Kyra's wedding in Snohomish, (the wedding was at the Snohomish Event Center, Rose and I were leaving at the same time and she mentioned that Lynden's Delft Square be restored into a similar facility).   Good idea!
Adam and Kyra greeted their guests at a cocktail hour prior to the wedding ceremony.  The bride wore a beautiful black gown.
 Pictured below are Gloria, Cynthia(groom's Mom) and Krista.  Gloria is Cynthia's cousin.  Gloria and I are related however; thirty years ago when Gloria and I rode across the country together we didn't know we were family until we got home and our Moms told us that they are cousins.  Turns out Gloria was one of the Sunnyside relatives.  We drove Gloria's brother's car home from Dordt College for the Summer.  He told us to never turn off the car.  Even when filling up.  So we didn't.  It quit on its own, stalled for no good reason on highway 212, in Montana, in the middle of the night.  Gloria and I bonded, we freaked, we prayed, we cursed her brother and his car, then the car started and we drove home to Washington for the summer.  Whew!
So, it was fun to see Gloria because we have a history.  She still gets mad at her brother when we talk about our trip.  Cracks me up.
 After cocktails we went to the wedding ceremony where the bride wore her Grandma's wedding gown.  The ceremony was a testimony to the couple's faith in God and their love for Him and each other.
We went back upstairs for dinner.  The tables were Autumn, which I love.
 I took pictures of the tables earlier, when there were no guests seated.  I wanted to capture the evening but I don't like to be snapping at weddings.  I wish I had pictures of the bride and groom because they were adorable.  Adam won't like being referred to as adorable but they were.  
The bride wore a stunning bronze sequined dress for dinner and dancing.
 The flower fairies, Sydney and Lucy took their job seriously and did a great job.  Their brothers read the scripture during the ceremony and did it very well.  They love their Uncle Adam and Aunt Kyra and were so happy for them.  It was a great celebration and a fun evening.
Saturday our weekend went downhill.  Fast.  We started Christmas decorating, discovered our tree lights were shot.  We bought a tree on craigslist that afternoon, turned it out too small, we'll use it in the sitting room, decide to purchase a bigger tree, jump in the car and realized we were sideswiped at the wedding, both doors.  Thank you white Ford ranger truck that was parked next to us.  Hit and run.  Nice.  
I'd like to take this moment to wish you a sucky Christmas.

Many stops later we did find a tree at Home Depot.
But not before going to Walmart.  I broke my NO WALMART UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES rule.  It had been years.  I survived.
Our house looks like someone emptied their attic, threw it into the living room and walked away.
Which is basically what happened.
Three trees, one with spotty lights, one too narrow and thankfully, one just right.
We can't see the forest for the trees.  Haha!
I hope to sort this out today right after I call our insurance agent.


2 comments:

Les Hon said...

Looks like the wedding was beautiful...The flower fairies -- adorable! The bride -- clever to get to wear THREE beautiful dresses! Thanks for sharing the pictures.

I too wish the driver of the pickup a sucky Christmas...GRRRRRR!

And now that I have heard about your trees, I have lost some of the enthusiasm I had for beginning my Christmas decorating...

Oh well -- better to be prepared to face the reality.

Looking forward to seeing you on Thursday! I miss it when we don't get a visit!

Holly said...

I'm sensing a "three bears" theme here!
I love the house description...I didn't think it looked that bad! Glad you found a tree...sorry it took all of your day to do it.
Hoping things go well with the ins. agent. Maybe some of the guests will know who it is.
Will a craft night help out?