Before I get too carried away with our Christmas shopping I took a few minutes this morning to organize for the season. I find some large shopping bags in the laundry room, assign each person in our family a bag, and then tag it with their name. Any gifts we purchase goes into the bag of the recipient.
I use a large envelope and label it for this year's receipts. Just in case something has to be returned.
As I shop I divide and eventually conquer!
I label a large bag as "friends and family" for girls' night gifts, draw name gifts, hostess gifts and other gifts.
Gifts for teachers... oh wait, we are finished with buying gifts for teachers. Yipee!
Yes, there is a bag for moi. It helps Hubby with his shopping and wrapping. And besides I had a groovy bag from C. Wonder in New York City. It had to be mine.
I make a list of the people we need to buy for and then make two copies. One has ideas, their lists and sizes and the other gets filled in as I purchase with the actual gift. That way I can see at a glance who I need to shop for and the ideas that I have for their gift.
How do you organize your Christmas shopping?
1 comment:
I'm exhausted reading about your extreme organization...and extremely envious. Could you set up a system at my house please?!
I've gotten a couple of things, but we don't seem to buy as much anymore.
I want to make your cute gift cart this year, so I may need to come by for a tutorial!
Was so excited to go to the museum open house last Thursday! Good thing I double checked! See you this week!
Post a Comment