Monday, November 19, 2012

Christmas Bells Are Ringing

 I'm not decorating for Christmas until after Thanksgiving.  Hubby won't let me.  And it gets dusty and tired looking if it's up too long..  I'm okay with it.
That said, it doesn't mean I'm not thinking about it, perusing all the Christmas books and magazines I can get my hands on, pinning on Pinterest and pulling out my "new" decorations.
All of the Christmas decorations that I picked up at estate sales, garage sales, antique malls, thrift stores since last Christmas are coming out of the closet.  It's making me giddy.
There's more, I just pull it out slowly.  Spreading out the happy.
When I purchased these bells, the women at the thrift store laughed.  And laughed.
 Just you wait.  I have an idea for these lovely Christmas bells.  I have a vision.  And a song stuck in my head.

Hark! how the bells
sweet silver bells
All seem to say
throw cares away.

Christmas is here
bringing good cheer
To young and old
meek and the bold

Ding, dong, ding, dong
that is their song,
With joyful ring
all caroling

One seems to hear
words of good cheer
From everywhere
filling the air

O, how they pound
raising the sound
Oer hill and dale
telling their tale

Gaily they ring
while people sing
Songs of good cheer
Christmas is here!
Merry, merry, merry, merry Christmas!
Merry, merry, merry, merry Christmas!

On, on they send
on without end
Their joyful tone
to every home

Hark! how the bells
sweet silver bells
All seem to say
throw cares away.

Christmas is here
bringing good cheer
To young and old
meek and the bold

Ding, dong, ding, dong
that is their song
With joyful ring
all caroling.

One seems to hear
words of good cheer
From everywhere
filling the air

O, how they pound
raising the sound
Oer hill and dale
telling their tale

Gaily they ring
while people sing
Songs of good cheer
Christmas is here!
Merry, merry, merry, merry Christmas!
Merry, merry, merry, merry Christmas!

On, on they send
on without end
Their joyful tone
to every home.

On, on they send
on without end
Their joyful tone
to every home.
 The Christmas place card holders that I found in Michigan.  Still in their sweet little box.
So vintage cute, I can't stand it.  They will always bring good memories of our trip to visit Danny and Jessica.
Hubby and I are going to have to host a sit down dinner this season just so I can use them!
Lastly, please don't hate me but I wrote my Christmas cards yesterday afternoon.  I designed an invitation for a Christmas party.  I planned a party menu.  I set dates for parties, drew names, and made a list.
Are you starting?  Decorating?  Shopping?

2 comments:

Les Hon said...

Oh, I should be!! Thanks for the inspiration...and I agree -- so much vintage cuteness on your blog that I can't stand it!

Holly said...

I have one tree up and decorated...my bedroom, and I'm loving it!!!! Hauled out all the other stuff while Brian was here. Now I need to get busy!
Brian got the lower lights up outside before the major wind and rain hit. Hopefully the upper will get done this weekend.
You have been busy! Can't wait to see what you've done! Those place card holders are adorable, as are you, Miss Tami!