For one of our 'car days' we drove to Kailua and rented kayaks. We kayaked out to Popoi'a Island, a bird sanctuary, where we walked around the island exploring. We walked carefully as the rocks were sharp and we agreed to have to paddle back with salt water in the wounds would not be fun. And could attract sharks.




We also visited Lanikai, a beautiful white sand beach. It's on our list to return and stay.
I have family pics of the day but Karen and I are in our swim suits and since I have a little pride left and value my friendship with Karen I chose to omit those pics.
After working so hard we stopped at Teddy's Bigger Burgers. Yep, they're BiG.
This was one of my favorite days. The drive over was gorgeous on the Pali Highway, we stopped at the Pali Lookout, where you can see forever.
I loved the kayaking. Hubby and I thought Mark and Karen were poetry in motion paddling across the ocean. It takes teamwork to kayak and from our view they nailed it. That said, we could not hear what was being said on their kayak ;) I did all the work on ours and Hubby just laid back and trailed his fingers in the ocean...
1 comment:
Oh! You did the Pali Lookout!! It's the BEST view ever, isn't it?
Lanikai -- on my list of beaches to visit again...
I sea-kayaked around some of San Juan Island...not my fave. I would much rather fall into warm water, so maybe I will try it again in Hawaii someday!
I like your science lesson.
Post a Comment