Friday, April 15, 2011

Getting Groceries and Hitting the Jackpot

Today Hubby and I went to town for the semi-annual stock up. We went to Trader Joes, Costco, Haggens and then Safeway. It's painful but nice when we get everything home, put away and don't have to go again until Fall. I had lists, coupons, oh my!
Today while on our quest we saw a sign, 'SALE', missed the turn but decided we deserved a break and so we turned around and went to the sale. Not just a yard sale but an estate sale. We scored! Hubby has been looking for an edging tool at garage sales for years, it was there. I got a serving bowl, a deck of cards and hit the Christmas jackpot. ShinyBrites, baby! Boxes (4+!!!) of gorgeous, come to mama beauties plus three boxes of the vintage wide tinsel, a box of old hooks and more. I. am. so. happy. I kept glancing back at the backseat to make sure they were still there.
I think we just used up our garage sale karma for the year in one stop,
but we'll take it.
I don't really believe in karma. Unless I'm out going to garage sales.
I wasn't totally self centered, I did pick up some terrarium doodahs for my sis, Jodi.
And a treat for Holly. It's easy to spot treasures for her.

Happy, happy... my cupboards are stocked and I had an estate sale fix.
It's all good.

3 comments:

Les Hon said...

I don't believe in karma either, but looking at all those shiny brites, I'm thinking that somewhere in your past you musta done something good...

:D

Jodi said...

Pretty shiny things! Can't wait to see the doodads:))

Holly said...

I was excited reading your post....just the right goodies for you...and then... the moment....I saw my name!!!!!!! I didn't click on it so it could be Holly Whose-it, but I'm going with me...keeping the joy...keeping the hope!!!!!
Gad you had fun and thanks for supporting Haggen!!!!